Get the Ultimate Wealth Package-you will never regret it!

Sunday, October 30, 2005

I AM METH (do not confuse with methadone)

Yes,the poem is on this page,scroll down.
Crystal Meth's popularity is growing at an alarming rate.The reasons for this are many and varied,however I believe that the ease of both obtaining the ingredients and the manufacturing of the drug is the prime cause.You do not need Colombian or Far Eastern ties to become a major distributor,any first year chem student can make as much as he wants,and for next to nothing.In fact if you get some made by that student,you will be one of the lucky ones,many manufactures don't even have that going for them,and they produce junk with so many impurities Ralph Nader would be shocked.
This leads to high profits for dealers,and also cuts it out of the hands of organized crime to a larger degree then any other drug.This factor,always over looked by both media and law enforcement,is the main cause of the increasing circle violence associated with the trade,violence that is killing innocents as well as participants.

I never would thought I would be telling you that organized crime saves lives,but if you'll stay with me a moment you will understand what I mean.There was a time when all major drugs where dealt under the umbrella of protection,each area had it's distributors who where responsible to a higher power.This higher power frowned on violence,at least not without their guidance.I will not go into any type of detail,but with the introduction of crystal meth,that higher power lost control.
Now any man with a Bunsen burner and a gun can claim the hood for himself,he need not look for a supplier,one who may have kept some sort of checks and balances/
I will be exploring that train of thought in a more detailed form,in the next article to appear in THE VIEW FROM OUTSIDE so I will just add this,I am NOT nor ever will be advocating a return to the days when organized crime ran everything,I am simply pointing out a condition that exists in the crime world these days.

I want to share with you a very,very important poem,one written by a young lady while she was in prison on drug charges. It is my understanding that the family of the young lady wishes to remain anonymous,for it is my sad duty to say she died,died with the needle still in her arm.
That is a very familiar story to me,I have lost more then one friend the very same way,and in fact died that way myself once!
That is why I think it is so important that I republish this poem,not just here,but I also ran it,with a much different header topic,at
AND FROM THE ASHES and I also posted it to the addicts support group I founded.
It is a beautiful hard hitting look at crystal meth addiction.
I have plenty of first hand experience with meth,and I can tell you,it is a mind fuck,it can totally screw your brain loose.It is not just the drugs effect,but it leads to sleep deprivation as well,and couple that with it's mind altering properties and more then once I have seen people screaming at walls and attacking plants that were talking to them,and a lot more disturbing images.I will now let you into a wonderful mind,one that losts it's battle and is with us no more.Here now is:

I AM METH


I destroy homes, I tear families apart,
I take your children, and that's just the start.
I'm more costly than diamonds, more precious than gold,
The sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.

If you need me, remember I'm easily found,
I live all around you-in schools and in town
I live with the rich, I live with the poor,
I live down the street, and maybe next door.

I'm made in a lab, but not like you think,
I can be made under the kitchen sink.
In your child's closet, and even in the woods,
If this scares you to death, well it certainly should.

I have many names, but there's one you know best,
I'm sure you've heard of me, my name is crystal meth.
My power is awesome, try me you'll see,
But if you do, you may never break free.

Just try me once and I might let you go,
But try me twice, and I'll own your soul.
When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie,
You do what you have to -- just to get high.

The crimes you'll commit for my narcotic charms
Will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms.
You'll lie to your mother, you'll steal from your dad,
When you see their tears, you should feel sad.

But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised,
I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.
I take kids from parents, and parents from kids,
I turn people from God, and separate friends.

I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride,
I'll be with you always -- right by your side.
You'll give up everything - your family, your home,
Your friends, your money, then you'll be alone.

I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give,
When I'm finished with you, you'll be lucky to live.
If you try me be warned - this is no game,
If given the chance, I'll drive you insane.

I'll ravish your body, I'll control your mind,
I'll own you completely, your soul will be mine.
The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed,
The voices you'll hear, from inside your head.

The sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see,
I want you to know, these are all gifts from me.
But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart,
That you are mine, and we shall not part.

You'll regret that you tried me, they always do,
But you came to me, not I to you.
You knew this would happen, many times you were told,
But you challenged my power, and chose to be bold.

You could have said no, and just walked away,
If you could live that day over, now what would you say?
I'll be your master, you will be my slave,
I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave.

Now that you have met me, what will you do?
Will you try me or not? It's all up to you.
I can bring you more misery than words can tell,
Come take my hand, let me lead you to........hell.

As usual I invite your comments,but I will NEVER support any one who just leaves a copy/paste comment.If you read my words,prove it in your comment,and I ll be your site within hours,looking at your ads if you have them.

I recently received a letter from a reader who praised,not me and my writing skills,but an ad!
It would seem that she was able to finally have her son diagnosed with a serious aliment.This as led me to look at the ads in a new light,and I will do my best to attract the type that may be of social value,rather then just commercial value to me.If you ever find information from an ad that you were helped by,please let me know so I can better serve future readers.
HUGS ARE BETTER THEN DRUGS! support group

5 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Blogger dwb said...

Hi nice blog, and a particularly moving poem.

You may be pleased to know that crystal meth has not really hit the shores of the UK (yet). Which can only be a good thing. However I live in a cit called Swansea in Wales and Coke has expolded onto the pop culture scene like Miami in the 80's. going back a few years ago its use was constrained to the 'druggy' contigent, but thesedays it seems every man and his dog is snorting it up.

Anyway keep blogging away, and maybe the message will spread.
feel free to check out my blog at
http://disgruntledwogbeast.blogspot.com/

take it easy

DWB

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger dwb said...

Hey, thanks for feedback on my blog. Feel free to pop by regularly to see what crap ive dug out.

keep on bloggin'
DWB

http://disgruntledwogbeast.blogspot.com/

P.S. if you return could you please click the vote button on the right: I've got my eye on that popublog Tshirt or an IPod

 
At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, what a disturbing poem... I read it ounce before and i was just thinking of it and googled it and found it here. (thanks for posting it)

anyways the reason for posting this:


I go to Vancouver every weekend and i see these people that are hooked to this drug from the inside and it sickens me.But since i found this poem i am gonna take it to my highschool and give it to my counselors with a goal of helping to reduce the "mind fucking" drug Meth from inside the school.

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was a meth addict and im in treatment im a addict that sold him self to this drug now im going through h i v testing this drug kills it has mutated the h i v virus so it is nowlonger affected by the meds to treat it it is like the begining of the end it is like the days when h i v was called grid im in treatment and it was a three week program but they are letting me stay for five weeks i checked in on jan 24 im done feb28 im still getting sick even though my last use was dec 24 the withdrall didnt kick in for a month while i was in active addiction i was awake for two weeks i hit a point were i was scared to sleep for fear of dying and scared to stay awake for fear of going mad this drug has been around for nearly a century and japan used it in ww1 and ww11 for the komikzy pilots this is not a new drug it is just hit middle ammerica

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey my name is Mike and I live in Arkansas City, KS. I wanted to tell you that I inspire your poem and I have sent it to everyone i know. I am glad to say that Meth is not a real big problem in my town. Yeah we hear about it every now and then but I'm glad its not a big problem. I have 2 uncle's that are behind bars for Meth and they were crazy while they were in use of this drug. You take care and thanks for posting this poem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home